Sunday, November 23, 2014

My Other Creations: Photographer's Notebook

A wonderfully talented friend of mine recently had a birthday.  I decided to make her a notebook, which is a snap with the Cinch Journal Kit from We R Memory Keepers.  Since she is an exceptional photographer, I put a dashing female photographer on the bottom with her camera at the ready!


I made this notebook by starting out with some paper from Prima's Epiphany collection (LOVE), which I cut/collaged together to fit the notebook cover.


I added some polka-dot stamping and smeared on some Distress Ink in shades of Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed.  I also added on some pieces of Washi tape here and there.


I stamped my "photographer" (the stamp is called "Sunshine Girl" and is designed by the talented Samantha Kira Harding) onto paper and then cut her out and added some subtle chalk coloring to her face.  I cut her headband out separately and covered it with Washi.  Where parts of the image didn't stamp dark enough for my liking, I went back over them with a black Sharpie.  I cut out a camera from some patterned paper and added it to my girl.


I added her to the lower right corner of the cover, then stamped out the sentiment using alphabet letter stamps, cut them, and added them to cover.

 
All that was left to do was to get out my Cinch machine and bind the whole thing together.  I did that and added some tabs to the divider pages.  The kit comes with white tabs, but I used the handy-dandy File Tab punch to cut some patterned paper tabs of my own.


My friend is one of those people who uses her talents to make the world a better place.  She truly has made a difference!